*** ALERT ***
ROAD CLOSURE: Columbus St (west of Hill Rd and east of Willow Run Dr) will be closed for a culvert replacement beginning June 10th and lasting several weeks.

Light Rain
As of: 5:07 am
>> for detailed weather

Events Calendar
«June 2019»
Upcoming Events
No Coming Events for Community

News and Updates
No News Items

From the Mayor's Office:

I want to have a meeting with the Mayor, I want him to attend an event, or I have a complaint.

Please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or use the Contact Us form to schedule an appointment or to have your event added to the Mayor's calendar. All phone calls and emails are answered within 24 hours.

I want to know how to get married at City Hall.

You must first have a valid marriage license from the State of Ohio. One can be obtained locally through the Fairfield County Probate Court, located at 224 E. Main Street in Lancaster. The phone number is 740-652-7464. The fee to get married at City Hall is $50 and that money is donated to a Pickerington non-profit organization (chosen by the Mayor). Marriage ceremonies are performed Monday-Friday in City Council Chambers and typically last 10-15 minutes. You are welcome to bring guests, take pictures, etc. To make an appointment, please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or use the Contact Us form.

I know someone who deserves special recognition for their service, accomplishments, etc. What does the City do to recognize outstanding citizens?

The Mayor's Office issues Proclamations, Certificates of Recognition, Keys to the City, Outstanding Citizen awards, Eagle Scout recognitions, etc. If you know someone who deserves this type of recognition, please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or use the Contact Us form.

I want to know how our group can volunteer.

Volunteers are always welcome to give back to their city. Church groups, civic organizations and even individuals have helped with trash pickup, laying playground surface, mulching, weeding, etc. There are projects available for all age groups and skill levels. The best months to volunteer are April-October. Please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or use the Contact Us function at the top of any Pickerington website page.

I want to take a tour of City Hall.

City Hall is open to the public Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and is closed on weekends and holidays. For a large group or school tour, please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or use the Contact Us function at the top of any Pickerington website page.

From Human Resources:

I want to know how to apply to become a Police Officer or Police Dispatcher?

The City of Pickerington is always testing for these positions, even if there are no vacancies in the Police Department. A full description of the process is found at Job Opportunities. The first step in this process is the written test. This is offered through the National Testing Network. To register to take a test, go to National Testing Network. You can have your scores sent directly to the City of Pickerington for consideration during the next vacancy.

Where can I download an application for employment?

Applications for employment are taken only when a job vacancy is posted. To access an application during a recruitment period, click on the Job Opportunities quicklink.

Can I send in a resume for future consideration?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept a resume or application unless there is a posted job opening. Please check this website regularly for the latest updates on employment opportunities.

From the Police Dispatch:

Can I get a background check or fingerprinting done at your agency?

Yes, electronically only. We do not provide hard card finger printing services.

You will need to know which prints you need when you come in: BCI (State of Ohio only) or FBI (National Background check). To obtain BCI prints you have to have lived in Ohio for at least 5 years, (they do not have to be consecutive years). The cost is $35.00 for each, a total of $70.00 if you need both. You may pay in cash, with a check or a money order. We cannot take credit/debit cards. You are required to have a picture ID, (Ohio driver's license or ID if possible), and the name and address of the company requesting you to be printed.

We do fingerprinting Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, and 9:00 AM - 12:00 noon on Saturday. We are unable to produce a copy of your results. You must contact BCI at 740-845-2375 Civilian Finger Print Department if you need any additional copies of your BCI results.

Can I get traffic cones for driver training at your agency?

Yes, we have three sets of five (5) cones for driver training. You will need to provide your own poles to insert into the cones. There is no charge to borrow the cones and they must be returned the same day they are borrowed. You can borrow them as many times as needed. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

How do I request copies of an Accident Report?

If your accident did not happen on private property, a copy of your report can be accessed in 3-5 business days from the State of Ohio's website. 

You need only to fill in the boxes for County, the Date of the Crash, enter the verification code the program gives you, and the agency of jurisdiction. If your report happened on private property, or if you need pictures from an online crash report, you will have to retrieve that from our Records Department during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.

How do I get a protection order?

A protection order cannot be obtained through any local police department. You must contact the county municipal court in which you reside. In the City of Pickerington, that would be the Fairfield County Municipal Court at 740-687-6621, or the Franklin County Municipal Court (Criminal and Traffic) at 614-645-8186.

What are your hours of operation?

We are a Public Safety facility that is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. We are never closed.

From The Wastewater Department:

What chemicals do you use?

We treat the wastewater using a natural process called “aerobic treatment”, specifically “modified extended aeration”. The only chemicals we use are reagents in the lab.

Where does the sludge go?

After complete digestion (the breakdown of organics) the sludge is land-applied on farm fields as a soil enhancement. It contains nutrients that reduce the farmer's fertilizer expense.

Why doesn't it stink?

Our wastewater and sludge are stabilized by a process called aerobic digestion. A properly operated aerobic treatment plant has a fresh “earthy” smell to it. On occasion, when the bio-solids contractor is removing dried sludge from the storage beds there is an odor from the thin layer of anaerobic sludge that forms on the bottom of the pile.

What does Water Reclamation mean?

Water reclamation is a modern term for how we deal with an age old problem: What to do with the stuff we flush? More recently, we must examine how we do this without destroying the environment. For more information, go to our Water Reclamation page and check out the history and tour.