City of Pickerington

Community FAQs

Mayor's Office

Please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or contact us to schedule an appointment or to have your event added to the Mayor's calendar. All phone calls and emails are answered within 24 hours.

You must first have a valid marriage license from the State of Ohio. One can be obtained locally through the Fairfield County Probate Court, located at 224 E. Main Street in Lancaster. The phone number is 740-652-7464. The fee to get married at City Hall is $50 and that money is donated to a Pickerington non-profit organization (chosen by the Mayor). Marriage ceremonies are performed Monday-Friday in City Council Chambers and typically last 10-15 minutes. You are welcome to bring guests, take pictures, etc. Please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or contact us to schedule an appointment or to have your event added to the Mayor's calendar.

The Mayor's Office issues Proclamations, Certificates of Recognition, Keys to the City, Outstanding Citizen awards, Eagle Scout recognitions, etc. If you know someone who deserves this type of recognition, please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or contact us.

Volunteers are always welcome to give back to their city. Church groups, civic organizations and even individuals have helped with trash pickup, laying playground surface, mulching, weeding, etc. There are projects available for all age groups and skill levels. The best months to volunteer are April-October. Please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or contact us.

City Hall is open to the public Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and is closed on weekends and holidays. For a large group or school tour, please contact Tammy Sawyer at 614-833-2212, ext. 2418 or contact us.

Human Resources

The City of Pickerington is always testing for these positions, even if there are no vacancies in the Police Department. A full description of the process can be found on the Job Opportunities page.The first step in this process is the written test. This is offered through the National Testing Network. To register to take a test, go to National Testing Network, You can have your scores sent directly to the City of Pickerington for consideration during the next vacancy.

National Testing Network

Applications for employment are taken only when a job vacancy is posted.

Job Opportunities

Unfortunately, we cannot accept a resume or application unless there is a posted job opening. Please check this website regularly for the latest updates on employment opportunities.

Police Dispatch

Yes, electronically only. We do not provide hard card finger printing services.

You will need to know which prints you need when you come in: BCI (State of Ohio only) or FBI (National Background check). To obtain BCI prints you have to have lived in Ohio for at least 5 years, (they do not have to be consecutive years). The cost is $35.00 for each, a total of $70.00 if you need both. You may pay in cash, with a check or a money order. We cannot take credit/debit cards. You are required to have a picture ID, (Ohio driver's license or ID if possible), and the name and address of the company requesting you to be printed.

We do fingerprinting Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, and 9:00 AM - 12:00 noon on Saturday. We are unable to produce a copy of your results. You must contact BCI at 740-845-2375 Civilian Finger Print Department if you need any additional copies of your BCI results.

Yes, we have three sets of five (5) cones for driver training. You will need to provide your own poles to insert into the cones. There is no charge to borrow the cones and they must be returned the same day they are borrowed. You can borrow them as many times as needed. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

If your accident did not happen on private property, a copy of your report can be accessed in 3-5 business days from the State of Ohio's website.

You need only to fill in the boxes for County, the Date of the Crash, enter the verification code the program gives you, and the agency of jurisdiction. If your report happened on private property, or if you need pictures from an online crash report, you will have to retrieve that from our Records Department during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.

A protection order cannot be obtained through any local police department. You must contact the county municipal court in which you reside. In the City of Pickerington, that would be the Fairfield County Municipal Court at 740-687-6621, or the Franklin County Municipal Court (Criminal and Traffic) at 614-645-8186.

We are a Public Safety facility that is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. We are never closed.

Wastewater Department

We treat the wastewater using a natural process called “aerobic treatment”, specifically “modified extended aeration”. The only chemicals we use are reagents in the lab.

After complete digestion (the breakdown of organics) the sludge is land-applied on farm fields as a soil enhancement. It contains nutrients that reduce the farmer's fertilizer expense.

Our wastewater and sludge are stabilized by a process called aerobic digestion. A properly operated aerobic treatment plant has a fresh “earthy” smell to it. On occasion, when the bio-solids contractor is removing dried sludge from the storage beds there is an odor from the thin layer of anaerobic sludge that forms on the bottom of the pile.

Water reclamation is a modern term for how we deal with an age old problem: What to do with the stuff we flush? More recently, we must examine how we do this without destroying the environment. For more information, go to our Water Reclamation page and check out the history and tour.